My home, our community, a world where everyone is welcome.
To provide safe and comfortable homes where people with diverse abilities are supported to achieve more independent lifestyles.
At the Independent Living Housing Society we value…
- the rights of all people and strive to ensure they are understood and
- relationships based on empowerment, respect, trust, equality and
- homes and workplaces that create a strong sense of belonging and
embrace individuality and diversity.
- homes and workplaces that promote health, wellness and safety.
- meaningful recognition, celebration and personal growth.
- open communication and collaboration.
- quality and strive for continuous growth and improvement.
At the Independent Living Housing Society Individuals supported have the right to…
- maintain their individuality and dignity.
- privacy and confidentiality.
- be free from abuse, neglect, exploitation and discrimination.
- be fully involved in independent living decisions.
- live in a manner consistent with their needs, interests and capabilities.
- receive quality-managed services.
I like living at The Heathers because it does not feel like an institution and I have my own space and I have access to transportation like BC Transit and HandyDart. I can plan my own activities and make my own choices. Sometimes we get together as a group for brunches, suppers and movies and can socialize with other residents. I like the set up at The Heathers and I expect to be here for quite a while.