My home, our community, a world where everyone is welcome.
To provide safe and comfortable homes where people with diverse abilities are supported to achieve more independent lifestyles.
At the Independent Living Housing Society we value…
- the rights of all people and strive to ensure they are understood and
- relationships based on empowerment, respect, trust, equality and
- homes and workplaces that create a strong sense of belonging and
embrace individuality and diversity.
- homes and workplaces that promote health, wellness and safety.
- meaningful recognition, celebration and personal growth.
- open communication and collaboration.
- quality and strive for continuous growth and improvement.
- All people have the right to maintain their individuality and dignity.
- All people have the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- All people have the right to be free from abuse, neglect, exploitation and discrimination.
- Our clients have the right to be fully involved in independent living decisions.
- Our clients have right to live in a manner consistent with their needs, interests and capabilities.
- Our clients have the right to receive quality-managed services.
I feel like I’m on vacation when I go to the B&B. I get to have a break and so does my Mom. The people there are nice. The staff are friendly and supportive. I like talking to them; they treat me with respect. It’s always fun at the B&B. I visit with friends, go to the mall, Special Woodstock and throw parties! We even went to a Pow Wow.