My home, our community, a world where everyone is welcome.
To provide safe and comfortable homes where people with diverse abilities are supported to achieve more independent lifestyles.
At the Independent Living Housing Society we value…
- the rights of all people and strive to ensure they are understood and
- relationships based on empowerment, respect, trust, equality and
- homes and workplaces that create a strong sense of belonging and
embrace individuality and diversity.
- homes and workplaces that promote health, wellness and safety.
- meaningful recognition, celebration and personal growth.
- open communication and collaboration.
- quality and strive for continuous growth and improvement.
At the Independent Living Housing Society Individuals supported have the right to…
- maintain their individuality and dignity.
- privacy and confidentiality.
- be free from abuse, neglect, exploitation and discrimination.
- be fully involved in independent living decisions.
- live in a manner consistent with their needs, interests and capabilities.
- receive quality-managed services.
I came to Independent Living Housing Society in 2006. Before that I was homeless and without them, I think I might be living on the street. The supervisors and staff are so helpful and fun and I love having them help me. There is no better place than here in my home.