My home, our community, a world where everyone is welcome.
To provide safe and comfortable homes where people with diverse abilities are supported to achieve more independent lifestyles.
At the Independent Living Housing Society we value…
- the rights of all people and strive to ensure they are understood and
- relationships based on empowerment, respect, trust, equality and
- homes and workplaces that create a strong sense of belonging and
embrace individuality and diversity.
- homes and workplaces that promote health, wellness and safety.
- meaningful recognition, celebration and personal growth.
- open communication and collaboration.
- quality and strive for continuous growth and improvement.
- All people have the right to maintain their individuality and dignity.
- All people have the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- All people have the right to be free from abuse, neglect, exploitation and discrimination.
- Our clients have the right to be fully involved in independent living decisions.
- Our clients have right to live in a manner consistent with their needs, interests and capabilities.
- Our clients have the right to receive quality-managed services.
I love my home! My favourite thing is the great food. I have lots of fun with my staff and we stay quite busy. We have parties, which are the best! I have my own phone line and I love staying in touch with my family and friends. I had a great time at Operation Trackshoes and my brother joined me in the games. I love baseball and we go to see the HarbourCats in the summer. My sports teams are the Blue Jays and Canucks. The best time of the year are my birthday when I have three parties and Christmas when I get to spend lots of time with family and friends.