Annual General Meeting
Monday, September 23, 2019 at 5:30pm
at the ILHS Administration Office
#101-367 Burnside Road East, Victoria, BC
Agenda items include:
- Financial Report
- Board Nominations
- Proposed amendment to the Bylaws, clarifying but not changing, voting rights of Family Members
Light refreshments will be served after the AGM.
Please RSVP to email@example.com no later than September 13, 2019 to confirm your attendance.
For more information, contact Tammy Khanna at 250-383-2524 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CARF Survey Results
The Independent Living Housing Society of Greater Victoria participated in our fourth CARF Survey on May 24 and 25, 2017.
We enjoyed spending time with our Administrative Surveyor Lynn Noren and Program Survey Marge Watson, showcasing the great work we do every day
Over the two days, four program areas were surveyed:
- Community Housing
- Host Family/Shared Living Services
- Respite Services
- Supported Living
The Survey Report has been received and I am very pleased to report that ILHS has received another three-year accreditation. One recommendation was received in the area of Health and Safety:
“Comprehensive health and safety inspections are completed for most of the organization’s locations by its insurance carrier. It is recommended that the organization expand its practice to include its administrative office, the space used for the staff office, and shared programming at The Heathers. At the time of the survey, the organization misunderstood the standard, thinking that it did not apply to locations that were leased. Comprehensive health and safety inspection should be conducted at these aforementioned locations at least annually by a qualified external authority. These should result in a written report that identifies the areas inspected, recommendations for areas needing improvement, and actions taken to respond to the recommendations.”
The report further states twenty-one areas of strength and here is a small sample:
- ILHS hires and retains dedicated, talented staff members who understand and deeply care for the person served. They are well regarded by the residents and their families.
- The funding and referral sources report high satisfaction with the organization’s services. They noted the organization’s strengths in serving people with complex needs and medical conditions. The funders stated that the organization consistently steps up to meet the needs when requests for services are made. Another commendation from the funder was ILHS’s ability to serve people for the long term, including supporting people at the end of their lives, ensuring continuity or care for the persons served.
- Many of the residents were eager to talk about how pleased they were with their living situations; many were long-term residents and were extremely satisfied with the services they receive.
Congratulations and thank you to everyone for making another very successful CARF Survey possible.
I came to Independent Living Housing Society in 2006. Before that I was homeless and without them, I think I might be living on the street. The supervisors and staff are so helpful and fun and I love having them help me. There is no better place than here in my home.